SPY and MSFT Were Goldman's Top Two Positions At End of Q4
Goldman Sachs Group Inc is required to file a 13F-HR each quarter that outlines all of the Section 13(f) securities that they are currently holding.
The Goldman Sachs Group Inc filing includes seven "institutional investment managers." They are:
1. Goldman, Sachs & Co.
2. Goldman Sachs Asset Management
3. Goldman Sachs International
4. Goldman Sachs AG
5. Goldman Sachs Execution & Clearing, LP
6. The Ayco Company, LP
7. Goldman Sachs Trust Company, N.A.
The Ayco Company, LP, in case you are wondering, is "one of the nation's leading providers of financial counseling and education services for corporate executives and employees as well as high-net-worth individuals and families." The Ayco Company, LP, according to their web site, is a "Goldman Sachs company."
Without further ado, let's take a look at Goldman's top 10 long equity positions as of December 31st, 2009 in terms of total market value:
1. SPY - 48,504,155 shares, total market value of $5,405,303,000
2. MSFT - 66,951,641 shares, total market value of $2,040,687,000
3. JNJ - 26,467,294 shares, total market value of $1,704,758,000
4. JPM - 36,756,219 shares, total market value of $1,531,631,000
5. CSCO - 63,714,612 shares, total market value of $1,525,329,000
6. ORCL - 59,613,334 shares, total market value of $1,462,315,000
7. DG - 64,990,262 shares, total market value of $1,457,732,000
8. IWM - 23,069,664 shares, total market value of $1,440,470,000
9. AAPL - 6,334,312 shares, total market value of $1,334,841,000
10. XOM - 19,488,758 shares, total market value of $1,328,939,000
For various reasons, these shares were "on the books" as of December 31st, 2009.
In total, Goldman's Form 13F-HR filing for Q4/2009 had a total of 10,405 entries that totaled about $203 billion in total market value.
Source: Goldman Sachs Group Inc Form 13F-HR Filing for Q4/2009